What is the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC’s) role?
ACCC will be lead regulator for the CDR regime. Their role is to:
- Empower consumers and foster competition
- Provide education and guidance to consumers on the benefits of the CDR
- Recommend future industries/sectors to government to be designated participants in the CDR regime
- Develop rules and accreditation schemes
- Take enforcement action to ensure compliance by participants
The ACCC is an observer sitting on the Data Standards Body Advisory Committee.