Should a sole trader be considered a
customerUType in the Get Customer response? It seems we have to select one or the other option. If we elect
person, then we won't be able to display the business details such as
businessName, which are relevant for a sole trader.
However, the CDR Rules, Schedule 3, section 1.3, indicate that "if the person operates a business" we are required to provide the business name, ABN, and type of business.
Can you please advise expectations for individuals operating a business via a sole trader structure?
This is at the discretion of the Data Holder (DH). The DH should represent the customer as a
organisation in alignment with how the customer is represented in other digital channels. The most commonly used options available to the DH are:
- Treat the customer as an individual if this is how they are treated elsewhere. For instance, a retail customer with a business account is still essentially treated as a retail customer.
- Treat the customer as an agent of a business.
- Offer the customer the choice as to whether they wish to use their personal or business profile during the authentication phase of the consent flow, and then treat them for data sharing according to their election.
- CDS Security Profile, CDR Federation
- CDS Get Customer
- CDS Response Common Customer
- CDR Rules, Schedule 3, section 1.3 Meaning of customer data, account data, transaction data and product specific data